We stand with the people of Ukraine! While we love to write and read clean, light-hearted sci-fi, and believe it’s a legitimate form of entertainment, neither do we advocate sticking our heads in the sand and ignoring what’s going on in the world. Franklin Street Press has committed a regular percentage of its profits to assisting Ukraine since the war began.
If you’d like to show support for the people of Ukraine, here are some of the ways you can help. Please consider giving to a worthy charity.
Charities supporting Ukraine:
- Canadian Red Cross: the local wing of an international emergency-relief organization. The federal government says it will match individual donations by Canadians.
- Médecins sans frontières (Doctors Without Borders): a humanitarian group that’s been supporting Ukraine’s COVID-19 response.
- Canada-Ukraine Foundation: a Toronto-based group that co-ordinates Canadian charitable aid to Ukraine.
- Save the Children: an international NGO delivering emergency aid to Ukrainian families.
- Voices of Children: offers psychological support to children affected by the conflict in Eastern Ukraine.
- Come Back Alive Foundation: a Ukrainian NGO that supports veterans and co-organizes the Invictus Games in Ukraine.
- Phoenix Wings: a charitable foundation that supplies the Ukrainian army with medical treatment and defensive equipment such as vests and helmets.
- Revived Soldiers Ukraine: a non-profit that funds medical rehabilitation for Ukrainian soldiers.
- Razom for Ukraine: a pro-democracy group that’s fundraising for medical supplies in Ukraine.
- Kyiv Independent: a Ukraine-based, English-language independent news media outlet.
- FAIR: This is a faith-based organization operating a camp in Poland for Ukrainian refugees.